Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sunrise


Oil on Canvas Board 8"x8"

Every time when I saw the sunrise through my kitchen window, I had been tempted to paint the beautiful scene. I finally did it today. It was such a tough task because the light and the color were changing constantly, yet it is this ever changing light that made the whole painting process exciting. The house and most of the pond were painted before the sun rose from behind the house. After the sun rose everything else were dark except for the sunlight and its reflection in the pond. I kept my work before the sun rose as is. This is a very quick "plein air" sketch I finished in 30 minutes. I want to make changes to many parts of this painting, but I will keep these ideas in my mind to make improvements in my future paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment